Fuljar soda is a masala drink which has made a grand entry in the heart of Malayalis. The unique style of preparation and taste is the highlight of this drink. It is prepared by immersing a small shot glass of masala juice into a large glass of soda. As soon as the masala glass immersed into the soda, it forth up in the large glass. It tastes good when it is consumed immediately after immersing the masala into the soda.
Let’s have a look at how to make this tik tok trending fuljar soda at home. Besides if you want to watch full video recipe, is in my youtube channel at Nimz Kitchen or clicks here.
I made a mango and pineapple fuljar soda. The recipes are as per below.
Soda : 400 ml
Ginger : A small Piece
Green Chilli : 2
Lemon : ½ Piece
Mint Leaves : 2 to 4 leaves
Mango unripe/ Pine apple : ½ piece mango/ A small piece pine apple
Sugar syrup : 2 tsp
Cuscus : ½ tsp
Steps to make fuljar( mango or pineapple) soda:
Grind mint leaves, ginger, green chilli and mango/ pineapple in a blender and make a fine paste then extract the juice from this mixture.
Take a shot glass, squeeze the lime into the shot glass then add 2 teaspoon sugar syrup and the extracted masala juice into the glass. Finally, add some salt and cuscus then mix well.
Take a large glass which can hold this small glass completely. After filling the large glass with soda up to its ¾ th, immerse small glass containing mixture into the soda, the mixture gets forth up when it is in contact with soda, is an eye-catching scene to watch.
- 800 ml Soda
- small piece Mango/Pineapple
- 2 Green chilli
- 2 Mint leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar syrup
- 1/2 tsp cuscus
- salt to taste
- small piece Ginger
- Take ginger, green chilli, mint leaves, and mango/ pineapple in a blender and make fine paste. Extract the juice from the paste and take this juice in a small glass.
- Add salt, sugar syrup and cuscus in the same small glass and mix well.
- Take a large glass and pour soda till 3/4th of the glass. Take the small glass containing the mixture and immerse into the large glass filled with soda.
- Dink it as soon as it forth up.
If you want to try this recipe at home, watch my video of fuljar soda on my youtube channel Nimz Kitchen.